About Daniel Schafer
Daniel Schafer is your Carlsbad CA web development authority and provides a wide range of web development services, primarily focused on the design and development of web-based applications for any size business or individual.
Specializing in high impact web development, Daniel Schafer uses the latest technologies in combination with the abilities of the creative mind to transition or enhance your company and brand online.
As a freelance web developer, I enjoy meeting new people and helping clients fulfill their online goals. I also have a full-time day job as a Senior Lead Web Developer & Analyst for the largest private home builder in the country. I have been working in information technology for over 15 years, previously spending time in the cartographic industry working for online mapping pioneer MapQuest.
I have been employed in many different capacities and have experience in web design, web development, printing, publishing, presentations, client consulting, bidding, project management, training, business processes, QA testing and more.
I am thorough, resourceful, energetic and relate well to colleagues and clients alike. I am an experienced and comfortable decision-maker and have strong competency in managing multiple projects. I am accustomed to working under pressure with tight deadlines and long hours. I will do what ever it takes to get the project done right, on time and on (or under) budget.
Six Simple Steps to Website Success
Based on the idea that web development can benefit from knowledge and skills in many areas and attention to six main processes. Key to this methodology is a view of a website as a medium with unique characteristics and qualities.
Developing information for the web requires a focus on meeting the end-user’s needs. To accomplish this, my methodology involves six elements and these six continuously ongoing processes:
- Planning: define target audience, purpose, objectives, and policies for information development and use
- Analysis: check technical construction of web with validation tools; evaluate information consistency and verify correctness of domain information.
- Design: separate information into page-sized chunks; connect pages along routes of use and user thinking; provide information, context, and navigation cues; create a consistent look and feel
- Implementation: create an extensible directory and file structure; use HTML tools where helpful; use templates for supporting consistent look and feel; check implementation in various browsers
- Promotion: target publicity releases for general Web audiences, potential users, and current users; follow online community norms and practices; innovatively connect with users to meet their needs
- Evaluation: continuously and creatively work for improvement to meet user needs; use testing, evaluation, and focus groups to shift and change web’s content as user needs change
As a client, we will communicate via phone, email. Marketing collateral can be sent as either hard-copies or electronic files. You’ll see your website as it is being developed on a private site. Your website will not be posted for public viewing until it’s completed and all content and features have been approved.